Saturday, January 31, 2009

Too much life

I am suffering from 'too much life' at the moment... I have inconsistant internet usage due to trying to transfer my world from the old PC to the new PC, I haven't checked my email in about three weeks, I'm getting ready to go touring with a band that's in the chaotic process of finishing up an album, my kid's being lazy at school, I'm thinking about possibly moving out of this apartment and swimming through my after-holiday financial crisis and I've been far too interested in overtime at my actual paying job to bother thinking about free photography favors.

(Wow... did I just say that out loud finally? Well, it's the honest truth, and is why I never claim that I am trying to "make it" as a photographer, why I don't accept every offer that comes through, and why I don't charge. If I charged, I would be obligated to crank out photos within a reasonable period of time. Now, I love photography, but if I wanted to do it for a living, I would need to quit my career first. I simply don't have the time.)

To anyone, including some of my new friends who are waiting on free photos: you're just going to have to wait. I can't even keep up with my family's requests.

No comments: