Thursday, July 22, 2010

Upcoming

On a side note, I have spent the last few days sifting through the pictures from the Hijacking Music Festival, and I am quite pleased with the results, as Lenny's is a notoriously hard (and sometimes rather fog-filled, hah) shoot for a natural light photographer such as myself, but the additional fantabulous light rig helped to fill in the usual cracks.

And what a fun and diverse festival it was... The fact that there were no mandatory set breaks in between the artists not only saved time, but kept the audience in place, which was a blessedly refreshing change from a great many other festivals I've attended, and only served to further illuminate the already obvious professionalism of the event organizers. Everyone was sweet and helpful and friendly; it was more than apparent how much effort was made in the production, even down to providing cupcakes and real barbecue for the hungry patrons. Add into that a whole host of great new local musicians I'd not yet experienced live, and it adds up to the best fun I've had taking photos in a long time.

Photos will be posted by the end of the week! Stay tuned!

No comments: