Thursday, October 16, 2008

I love this time of year

Halloween does indeed bring out the best in me. The cogs between my ears start spinning extra-fast at the beginning of September, and I'm practically worthless between then and October 31st for anything other than thinking about and planning the upcoming debauchery. I love nothing better than to cosplay, even those years when I haven't got the funds to do it properly =1

This year's costume was a purchase, unfortunately, and I had to buy a new sewing machine to conduct the alterations to both my daughter's gothic fairy outfit and my attire (hint: what's black and white and red all over, and matches my new Chucks?). Which led me to the conclusion that if I'd just bought the machine in the first place, I probably could have just made everything myself and avoided the headache.

However, the extraordinarily complication alterations I had to do renewed my lifelong love of sewing/crafting, so I have decided to embark on the creation of a cosplay-quality Halloween costume for my best friend. (I give you three guesses as to what Stevie has chosen... if you know Stevie, it's rather obvious.)

I believe this year's pumpkin will likely bear the Joker's face, and I mean the comic book Joker - I will not be putting Heath Leger's face on my jack-o-lantern. (Not that I have any problem with Heath - Dark Knight was brilliant, and he was brilliant in it, but everyone's fixated on Heath this year, and I dare to be, well, authentic. The Joker doesn't have scars.)

More details & pics soon to follow.

No comments: