Friday, December 19, 2008

Holy Freakin' Hell, Ya'll


Nerd Parade put on the show of their lives to a packed-to-the-hilt house at the Earl last night.

(Mission accomplished.)

I have obviously been to more Nerd shows than anyone but the band members, and I've got to say, that... that was truly something special.

But then, so was the Nophest show.

(All is right in the universe again.)

I feel like a positive fool, because as much as I write - all the poems, the novels, the lyrics, the biographies, the office work - I find myself sitting here recapping the show in my mind, and I haven't a thing to say.

I'm speechless. Every time I think about last night, I just hear Your Drunken Holiday - debuted last night quite spectacularly - playing on the radio in my head; I love the vocals on that song. And speaking of vocals, the rendition of the sometimes temperamental Daylight Savings Time was absolutely magical, particularly the Pink Floyd-esque improv section.

(We're not worthy... we're not worthy...)

This IS the Nerd Parade, ya'll: Randy Garcia, Abby Wren, Rich Wilson, John Jacobus, and Chris Sheldon. A five man unit whose whole is greater than the sum of the parts, and each part is unique, integral and irreplaceable. I know it, the fans know it, and hopefully now they all know it too.

(Nobody leaves the KGB.)

No comments: