Thursday, December 4, 2008

The Masking of Johnny Blaze

So my dear boy JB has come along and saved a poor, depressed costumer from a long, bleak winter by requesting a pair of masquerade masks for himself and the lovely Mary. And I am happier than a pig in shit about it - at last, something new to do!

Disclaimer: I apologize for never having 'in process' pics of anything I'm doing. It's like writing down a recipe in the middle of cooking for me - near impossible. I never manage to stop halfway through and take photos; I get way too wholeheartedly involved in creating to remember.

So I've remembered that glue doesn't stick to glass (laugh - there's a lesson from kindergarten, right?), and I've learned that little glass beads like to morph into little piles of glass dust when handled improperly with a pair of pliers. AND CHEERS A 2ND TIME TO WALMART, for once again having the all the stuff I couldn't find in the fabric store.

I believe I actually managed to duplicate the elaborate beads-and-sequins trim on m'lady's gown for the female mask. Jackie actually helped me with the beading - apparently she loves stringing beads. (Considering I hate it, this is a very good thing.) And they look hot… Once again I am terribly proud of myself. I will have the female mask completed tonight, and I will post a photo, I promise.

1 comment:

threv said...

shit looks great, kat!

<3
matt