Monday, May 11, 2009

Never trust a rock star

Well it's a good thing we already had tickets, because counting on a loser-rock star to remember anything is out of the question. But because it was Twitter, the entire world knows Dave Navarro flaked out on us, at least.

That being said, my pictures stink (although to be honest I haven't downloaded or looked at them yet, but we were very far away and I know my camera) but c'est la vie. Dave's lucky he can play, or I might be extremely pissed at him. ;)

But oh, can he play...

Richie, you win, because everything we saw in the past wasn't the real Jane's. They couldn't have been any better. Just flawless. So flawless and so perfect and so the real Jane's Addiction that I'm about ready to take the loser-rock star up on his offer to comp us tickets to any other show in the Southeast (however I'd demand a phone number before I drove out of my way for that).

I'm not going to rant on about how seriously awesome Jane's Addiction were/are. I can't... my brain short-circuits when I try, because they were that good. If you know, you already know, and if you don't, then you never will. Eric Avery -- I don't know how they ever did it without you.

(On a NIN note: I used to like NIN a lot 13 years ago, and I knew all but maybe 1 song in their set. It was pretty good, Trent's voice sounded impressive after all these years, but it was hardly in the 'best show ever' category. I wasn't crazy about the way a couple of the songs were altered slightly, and the scaled-down band - meaning missing song parts - really lacked something in a couple of places for me. Maybe I'm just old now and over all that emo-ness, because NIN really struck me as kinda self-indulgent, to be honest, and that was before Jane's even played.

And after Jane's was through, NIN really looked like an opening act - again, this is coming from someone who was a fairly large NIN fan and knows PHM and DS both very well. I actually find I like their studio albums better than the band live: they just didn't live up to all the hype I've heard.)

1 comment:

Richard Wilson said...

well said. it's like flea said in his metallica speech - I'll say the same of jane's "if you have to ask, you will never know."